- 5 Things to Do in Ghent, Belgium (9/10/2018) - Considered one of the most powerful cities in northern Europe during the Middle Ages, Ghent still has ample evidence of its time as a medieval empire — but the vibe today is a much more charming and fairytale-like version.
- Tuna Trio: A Tasty Twist (4/27/2018) - As a child, I hated being served tuna from a can. Fast forward to my 20s, when I discovered a newfound appreciation for tuna, in the form of sushi. That's why I was thrilled to hear that Bluewater Grill was hosting a Tuna Tasting this month. Essentially, this was the ultimate experience for tuna fans — the trio of Bluefin, Bigeye and Yellowfin tuna were prepared sashimi and tataki-style.
- France vs. Italy: A Battle of European Fish Stews (1/18/2018) - If someone asked me if I prefer France or Italy, I’d honestly be stumped. I’ve loved my time spent in each country, absorbing the amazingly rich culture, cuisine, and everything in between. So when I was invited to a media dinner to experience Bluewater Grill’s face-off of iconic European fish stews — French Bouillabaisse and Italian Cioppino — it was an easy yes.
- Pine Cones and Palm Trees: A Few Hours on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (12/20/2017) - It’s no secret that beachy vacations are among my favorites, and that usually means hot sand beneath my toes, the warm sun on my face, and refreshing umbrella drinks in my hand. But this tail-end-of-autumn trip to Hilton Head Island was not my typical beach vacation — the air was crisp, the sand was cold, the sun was weak and the cocktails were replaced by hot tea. And you know what? It was still an awesome experience!
- Pizza Making: Fast-Fired In a Blaze of Glory (12/6/2017) - There are few things I adore more than pizza. So when Blaze Pizza (you know, LeBron James’ pizza concept) reached out to me, inviting me to a VIP Media Taste Event for the grand-opening of their Scottsdale, AZ location, I knew this would be a gluttonously good time!
- Girlfriends Getaway: Puerto Vallarta (11/26/2017) - When I turned the BIG 4-0 earlier this year, I had just made the monumental decision to quit my 6-figure corporate job with a Fortune 10 company, so I knew I wanted to celebrate with a mellow girlfriends getaway at a beachfront all-inclusive resort. I can always count on Mexico for my quick beachy escapes, and found excellent reviews online for the Riu Palace Pacifico in Puerto Vallarta. Done!
- Travel Tip #1: How to Remember Where You Parked (11/5/2017) - The Seinfeld episode "The Parking Garage" reminds me of the time, many years ago, when I flew to Disney World, grabbed a rental car and drove straight to the theme park. We parked our car in one of several massive lots and had a day of Disney fun. However, when the park closed, we realized we didn’t even know the model OR color of the rental car, let alone where we had parked it. Total nightmare.